Thursday, June 21, 2012

Overcoming obstacles...

I know I haven't posted in a couple weeks. I've still been doing things, but again its slowed down....What is my deal??? I start something, 2 weeks into it or so and I stop...I know one of the reasons. Weekend visits to visit my Dad. I'm not going to use it as a complete excuse. I have the will power to choose the foods I eat, to exercise, and a lot of the time I don't. I'm not consistent, which is key if I want to get past the 220's. I got down to 217lbs 2 years ago, and have not been down there since. I can't tell you the last time I weighed under 200lbs. Maybe 2006? And I was probably right around 200 then or just under. It is really time to take control. To stop giving in to my temptations and eating crap. I just need to focus....AND JUST DO IT.

As of right now, I am 225.2 lbs. My measurements have stayed the same since the last time I measured. These next 4 days are going to be the ultimate test for me! I am again headed down to visit my Dad, & attend a baby shower. I am going to be tempted with cake, dining out, comfort food, and lack of exercise.

My goals. 1) no cake. 2) Smart choices = more veggies, nothing drenched in dressing, as natural as possible. 3) Taking advantage of the hotel gym Sat, and working out in my Dads basement Thurs & Fri. Sunday can be a free day, but SMART CHOICES. Same with drinks.

I am going to write these down in my journal. And carry the damn thing with me to keep track of everything. CONSISTENCE IS KEY. What I have done since January is completely failed, but a learning opportunity, overcoming obstacles, and figuring myself out. I am still learning what works for me and what doesn't, and what does work is exercising, not eating dinner late, and smart choices. No free days.

Here I go, onto my next 90 day challenge! More to come on this challenge when I return.

OH BTW, I am officially registered for a 5k after this 90 day challenge. No excuses!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving your comments!
I love hearing from you =)

~Jenilee~