Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Whole Wheat Pasta w/Veggies & Feta Cheese

I've been following the insanity nutrition guide this week, and one of my favorite meals so far has been the Whole Wheat Pasta w/veggies & feta cheese. Its super easy to make (i prepped it in advance) and its YUMMY.

3 ingredients is all you need. Pasta, frozen or fresh veggies and feta cheese. Eating healthy is expensive...but pasta is one of those things you can nearly get for free with coupons and to stock up when you find a great deal.

Whole wheat pasta is preferred. I'm not a nutritionist but I do know that Whole Wheat is preferred over White because it hasn't been stripped of its nutrients.

Serves 1

3/4 cup whole wheat pasta (I used penne but any works & measure uncooked)
1 cup mixed veggies, steamed
1/3 cup feta cheese (reduced fat is best)

for extra flavor try adding some hot sauce, pepper, chili powder, garlic
 avoid adding salt

300 calories

If you want to make a 400 calorie meal, add 2-3 oz chicken breast



Whole wheat pasta w/veggies & feta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments!
I love hearing from you =)

~Jenilee~