Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Weekly Goals {May 23-29th}


One of the ways I feel that might help me stick with my workout programs, not give up is to set weekly goals. Everyday is a struggle itself telling myself not to go eat fast food because its quick and easy, and not to eat after a certain time while watching tv..It is HARD. I know how to eat healthy, I have learned a lot about food during insanity, and during all the other programs I've started and failed to finish. But I don't want to quit, because 2012 was my year to change everything from school to getting healthy, to decluttering to spending more time with son and husband outside, to wanting more children, etc.

For this week my 2 biggest struggles are
1) Eating fast food (wendys or taco bell or pizza places)
2) Eating after 7pm

I play softball and eat something before the game, but not enough so I'm starving when the game is over as is my son (who eats dinner before). I bring snacks to the game to help cravings and also never bring money to the game so I can teach myself not to grab something to eat after the game. We live right down the road from Wendy's. That is the weakness as we drive by there almost daily, and after softball games. My son is 3 but always asks for french fries which means we have eaten there way too much.

For this week I am setting 2 goals.
1) No fast food. As much as I want it after softball, or because I am too lazy to cook, I need to tell myself no, that we need the money for other things, and to plan my dinner ahead so I know what I'm cooking.
2) No eating after 7pm. I always want dessert. Okay, not always but a lot, and last night I struggled with myself while watching True Blood to just have a little bit, which turned into a little with chocolate, caramel, and strawberry sauce on top. I am putting a sign on both freezers and the fridge that the kitchen is closed after 7pm except for water.

Also if I feel I want a dessert, eat the weight watchers bars before 7pm, or have a big glass or water and wait 30 min to decide if I really need it.
I also want to get a good nights sleep, and be in bed by 10pm every night this week.
Instead of TV after dinner, I'm going to play with my son, read stories, clean, anything until bedtime, but to help give me more energy, and to avoid late night eating, I need to keep busy, no TV after dinner, that goes for Wesley also. Only exception is if we do a movie on Friday or Saturday night, that is it!

Okay so I really have more than 2 goals

  • No fast food
  • No eating after 7pm
  • No TV after dinner
  • In bed by 10pm
  • Start Math homework on monday
A lot of these goals will also help me in the next couple weeks when my classes start. I will have to learn to manage my time, while also eating healthy, exercising, spending time with my family, etc. 

See you in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments!
I love hearing from you =)

~Jenilee~