Thursday, May 3, 2012

Watermelon Protein Smoothie



Watermelon is basically water. I love it, but I'm always on the hunt to try something new.  Today I whipped up a few ingredients. I wanted a snack before softball, but I wanted to make sure to get protein in as well, and I'm a smoothie type of gal so here is what I came up with!


3 cups watermelon, chopped (seeds removed) 138 cal
1/2 cup fat free frozen yogurt (or frozen greek yogurt) - 90 cal
1 packet true lemonade or 1/2 lemon freshly squeezed - 5 cal
1 tsp truvia sweetener or stevia (natural)
1 scoop vanilla designer whey protein powder (or equivalent) - 100 cal
1-1/2 cups ice (more or less depending how you like it)

The lemon gives it more flavor, and the truvia helps boost the sweetness a tad.

Blend and enjoy! There is very little fat, lots of protein, and under 350 calories!! Great snack or meal alternative.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments!
I love hearing from you =)

~Jenilee~