I made these tonight, and just sort of winged it and they were amazing!!!
These are healthy, and low in calories!
- 6 Smart & Delicious Tortillas (these were the smaller 7" tortillas)
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1/3 cup rotel
- 1-1/4 cups black beans
- 1/8 cup salsa (I use the great value stuff)
- 1 tbsp lime juice (or fresh squeezed lemon if you have it)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp onion powder (or use 1/4 fresh onion if you like onions. We don't so I just used the powder)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese 3/4 cup cheese total (1/8 cup per tortilla)
Mix everything together in a bowl EXCEPT the cheese and tortillas.
Heat up a pan with a little bit of olive oil. When pan is nice lay 1 tortilla on the pan, add 1 tbsp cheese on 1/2 the tortilla, then a few spoonfuls of the bean mixture, and then another 1 tbsp cheese on top of the bean mixture. Fold and let the tortilla get nice and brown (but don't burn it!)
Flip carefully after a couple minutes and brown up the other side.
The pan I used I could fit 2 tortillas at a time. To keep the finished quesadillas warm heat the oven to 170 degrees and put the finished ones on a cookie sheet and plop in the oven.
Super simple and super yummy!!
Save any leftover bean mixture for more quesadillas, or for salsa, or heat up and put on top of the quesadillas! We used all of ours!
Servings 3: (2 quesadillas each)
350 calories (varies depending on cheese and tortillas used)